How many times have you and your friends had to share your EFT details with each other? Or even worse, you needed to wait for the next time you’re at an ATM to draw cash to pay your friend back. That’s just a waste of your time and your money, so we have a better solution for you!
Do it all with a cellphone number
We’re pretty sure that you have your friend’s cell phone number, right? Well what if we told you that when you pay your friend with Virgin Money Spot, a cell phone number is all you need and it won’t cost you a thing. You don’t even need to get up from your comfiest couch and you don’t need to wait for them to send you their EFT details, which we all know takes forever.
So how does it work?
It couldn’t be easier. Just follow these quick steps and your friend is as good as paid.
- Open your Virgin Money Spot app.
- Tap on the red Spot button and click “pay a contact.”
- You can search by your friend’s name or enter their cell phone number.
- Enter in how much you want to pay them and whether you want to pay from your linked card or from your Spot Wallet.
- You can even enter in a description about what the payment is for.
- Enter in the Spot Pin that you created when you registered.
- Hey presto – your friend has been paid!
What if my friend owes me money?
We all have that one friend that’s a bit slow to repay whatever they owe. With Virgin Money Spot’s “request” feature, they’ll have no more excuses! In the Virgin Money Spot app, click “request money” and enter in your friend’s name or cell phone number. Once you’ve filled in the details, your friend will get a notification to either approve or decline the payment. When they click approve, the money is yours.
You see? It’s easy peasy to pay your friends with Virgin Money Spot. All you need is their cell phone number. Want to know one of the best parts? It won’t cost you a thing to pay them!